We are delighted to report that teachers and students will be returning to school on August 10, 2020. The Creekside Kids team is very excited to begin the new school year and we feel it is time to celebrate!
Why are we celebrating? Because all of our staff — the ones that you and your kids know and love — are returning. There’s a lot of loyalty within our team and our community, and we feel that is worth noting. These teachers really love their kids and families, and they are all looking forward to returning to Creekside Kids. It’s a great and cohesive team, so we’re really excited to kick off the school year on August 10th!
Due to the school guidelines set by the State of Colorado, Creekside Kids will be following all directives and procedures. So we can all adhere to the safety rules for your children and our staff, we thank you for your assistance in helping us create a positive, safe, and healthy educational experience for everyone involved.
Just for fun, here is a humorous graphic we found that illustrates some of the realities we face in trying to keep the kids safe/healthy.
Speaking of food, we have another important update to share with you.
We no longer have a catering service. All parents will have to send nutritious shelf-stable lunches with their children each day. Lunches need to meet the FDA requirements, which we can provide to families. We’re happy to assist families in being sure that their children have a proper amount of each component required by the FDA. However, we lost our catering service due to COVID and the company changing their business model. We are searching for a cost-effective catering alternative. Yet, the health department prefers us to have children bring their own food from their own homes to reduce cross-contamination.
To add, here is what Creekside Kids is required to do under the new COVID-era guidelines, which are fluid and frequently changing:
- All people entering the building, including children, parents, and staff, are required to undergo temperature checks. Anyone showing signs of fever will be prevented from entering.
- Before the end of the day, all children and staff will have their temperatures checked again so we can report if anyone is at risk and should be sent home until they are well.
- In the COVID era, the realities are evident that we have to take care of each other if we are to succeed together.
- We strive to offer an exceptional and safe environment for all of the children we serve. Before COVID, many of us thought that an exceptional environment included organic food, a thriving and creative learning experience, and a safe environment included video cameras, passcodes, and locks. In the time of COVID, safety is more than just video cameras and locks.
Here is the support we need from the parents:
- Our policies will be more strict than the State guidelines.
- Please be patient and understanding as we follow all of the processes to ensure the safety and health of your children.
- The costs of following COVID-era guidelines, lower student head-count, and higher staffing requirements are forcing an increase in prices.
- If a child or staff member comes down with COVID-19, Creekside Kids will be required to shut down for two weeks. Please understand that a sick child can put everyone at risk.
Here are our intended outcomes under these new school year circumstances:
- As a result of our rigid controls on health and safety, we expect to have a clean, healthy, and exceptional learning environment that will remain COVID-free.
- Though prices will be rising to compensate for the lower head-count of students and the increased staffing, Creekside Kids will still be providing the same amount of care and attention your family has grown to love.
Thank you for having faith in us. Thank you for having patience as we assimilate all of the new state requirements and guidelines for reopening our child care center in August. And, finally, thank you for doing your part so we can all be successful together.
We adore you and your family. See you soon! — The Creekside Kids Team